8th Malaysia Weiqi Open Championship 2018
1. Host : Malaysia Weiqi Association
2. Co-Host : Tunku Abdul Rahman University College
3. Date : 17th March 2018(Saturday) – 9.00am – 5.00pm
18th March 2018(Sunday) – 8.00am – 6.00pm
4. Place : Tunku Abdul Rahman University College
5. Categories : Open Group 17-18 March 2018 | RM80
High Kyu (1k – 9k) 17th – 18th Mar 2018 | RM60
Intermediate Kyu (10k – 15k) 18th Mar 2018 | RM40
Low Kyu (16k – 25k) 18th Mar 2018 | RM40
University Group 17th Mar 2018 | RM40
6. Tournament Format:
I) Dan and High Kyu Group plays on the 19 X 19 board and other group plays on the 13 X 13 board .
II) This is an individual tournament, using Swiss System.
III) The tournament uses Japanese rules with Black giving Komi of 6.5 points.
IV) Each player is allocated to 60 minutes absolute time in Open and High Kyu group, overtime is considered lost. No time limit for other group but if the game is over 30 minutes, each player is given an additional 5 minutes absolute time,, overtime is considered lost.
7.Prize : Trophies and awards for top three player in each group. Medals and awards for forth to eighth player in each group.
8.Contact : Tiong 012-3292205
Jimmy 012-2009396 email@example.com
9.Payment : I)RHB bank account: 21421300025612 (Persatuan Weiqi Malaysia), kindly fill in the bank in slip and the registration form online
II) Registration counter will be set on every Saturday at Kongzi Institute,University Malaya, from 2pm to 6pm.
III) Meal and T-shirt will be included for registration before 25th February 2018
10. The organizer shall not be held responsible or liable in any loss of contestant’s personal belonging during their participation.
11. The organizer shall not be held responsible or liable in any incidents / accidents during their participation.
12. The organizer holds exclusive and absolute rights to all photographs taken during the contest, the rights to feature such photographs in public inclusive all media range. No fees, charges, bills of any kind are claimable by agents of contestants and media agents, for usage of photographs.
13. The organizer shall be the sole Authority for all interpretations of these rules and regulation. Decision of the organizer shall be final.
Here is link for online registration.